Time to make: 45 minutes
Behind the scenes: The carbs in the quinoa restock your energy stores and the amino acids from the chicken rebuild broken down muscle tissue. This is great for a recovery meal.
What you need:
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 1 lb. boneless chicken thighs (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 ribs of celery (sliced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- Salt & ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add carrots and onions.
- Cook for 6 minutes (stir frequently).
- Add chicken, mushrooms, celery, and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes (stir frequently).
- Add broth, water, quinoa, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring soup to a boil then reduce and simmer for 15 minutes.