*makes 4 servings
Time to make: 15 minutes
Behind the scenes: One cup of fruit gives you over 100% of the daily requirement for vitamins A and C, with an added dose of potassium.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (low fat)
- 2 tbsp juice (lime or lemon)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 ripe cantaloupe (sliced into pieces)
- 2 lbs tomatoes (sliced into wedges)
- 1 cup firm goat's milk cheese
- 1 small cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 2 small scallions (white portion only, thin slices)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves chiffonade (slice thin crosswise and roll like a cigar)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves chiffonade (slice thin crosswise and roll like a cigar)
- Ground black pepper
- Using a small jar with a lid, combine yogurt, juice (lemon or lime), and salt. Cover and shake ingredients to blend.
- Using a large shallow bowl, combine cantaloupe, tomatoes, cheese, cucumbers, and scallions.
- Toss salad with only enough dressing to coat ingredients light and evenly.
- Sprinkle basil and mint over salad.
- Season with ground black pepper.
- 278 calories
- 25 g carbs
- 5 g fiber
- 16 g protein
- 9 g total fat
- 3 g saturated fat
- 323 mg sodium