*makes 2 servings
Time to make: 15 minutes
Behind the scenes: Whole grain french toast with vanilla makes a hearty and delicious combo. It gives you all the nutrients you need following a long run, at the same time giving your palate a sweet reward for a job well done.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 4 slices of whole grain sourdough bread
- Stir yogurt and syrup together in a bowl.
- Bring a large nonstick skillet to a medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla extract, milk, and cinnamon altogether.
- Dip a slice of bread into the mixture and allow it to soak up. Do this again with the remaining slices.
- Place bread in the skillet.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Flip bread over and book for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Dress French toast with vanilla-maple yogurt. Add berries to sweeten things up some more.
- 686 calories
- 117 g carbs
- 6 g fiber
- 29 g protein
- 12 g total fat
- 4 g saturated fat
- 996 mg sodium