Time to make: 15 min
Behind the scenes: This salad is a powerhouse of greens, packed with great flavor. If you want to make a gluten-free version, you can use a fish sauce or soy sauce that does not contain gluten.
What you need:
- 12 oz of beef tenderloin/sirloin
- 4 cups of your choice of salad greens mixture
- 1 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- ¼ chopped red onions
- 1 cucumber peeled & diced
- Juice squeezed from 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon of sauce (Thai, Soy, etc.)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
-1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Grill/broil beef for 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Toss the lettuce, mint, onion, and cucumber in a mid-size bowl.
- Combine the lime juice, fish sauce, cayenne, sugar, and water in a small bowl.
- Toss the greens with this dressing, save the dressing left in the bowl.
- Thinly slice the beef, save its juice.
- Combine the beef juice with the remaining dressing.
- Place slices of beef on top of the salad and drizzle the dressing over the entire food dish.
- 170 calories
- 8 g carbs
- 3 g fiber
- 21 g protein
- 6 g total fat
- 2 g saturated fat
- 407 mg sodium
When: Pre-run & Recovery
Time to make: 5 min
Behind the scenes: Coffee is a great addition to add taste to your shakes and also speeds recovery. Having carbohydrates and caffeine at the same time aids your body in restoring glycogen stores in your muscles than just consuming carbs on their own. Natural cocoa powder has anti-inflammatory effects, combining that with almonds make a hearty combo that fully satisfies you.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup chilled coffee
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 frozen banana (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted almonds
- 2 teaspoons of unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- Add coffee, milk, banana, almonds, and cocoa powder together in a blender.
- Process until very smooth.
- 259 calories
- 38 g carbs
- 6 g fiber
- 10 g protein
- 10 g total fat
- 1 g saturated fat
- 56 mg sodium