Time to make: 15 min
Behind the scenes: This salad is a powerhouse of greens, packed with great flavor. If you want to make a gluten-free version, you can use a fish sauce or soy sauce that does not contain gluten.
What you need:
- 12 oz of beef tenderloin/sirloin
- 4 cups of your choice of salad greens mixture
- 1 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- ¼ chopped red onions
- 1 cucumber peeled & diced
- Juice squeezed from 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon of sauce (Thai, Soy, etc.)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
-1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Grill/broil beef for 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Toss the lettuce, mint, onion, and cucumber in a mid-size bowl.
- Combine the lime juice, fish sauce, cayenne, sugar, and water in a small bowl.
- Toss the greens with this dressing, save the dressing left in the bowl.
- Thinly slice the beef, save its juice.
- Combine the beef juice with the remaining dressing.
- Place slices of beef on top of the salad and drizzle the dressing over the entire food dish.
- 170 calories
- 8 g carbs
- 3 g fiber
- 21 g protein
- 6 g total fat
- 2 g saturated fat
- 407 mg sodium